Effective January 6, 2012 the price of Los Angeles traffic tickets is going up by $4 a ticket on already steep fines. And be extra wary. It is rumored that there is extra pressure on traffic officers to bring in more revenue.
Local agencies have even been authorized to attach cameras to street sweepers in order to catch parking violators.
Los Angeles Traffic Ticket Fines (Effective 01/06/2012)
- VC 12814.6 $214 Failure to obey license provisions
- VC 14600(A) $214 Failure to notify DMV of address change within 10 days Note: The fine may be reduced with valid proof of correction.
- VC 16028(A) $796 Failure to provide evidence of financial responsibility (insurance) Note: This fine may be reduced with proof of insurance on or after the violation date.
- VC 21453(A) $436 Failure to stop at a red signal.
- VC 22349 $214 Unsafe speed, 1 to 15 miles over the limit.
- VC 22350 $328 Unsafe speed, 16 to 25 miles over the limit.
- VC 22450 $214 Failure to stop at a stop sign.
- VC 22454(A) $616 Passing a school bus with flashing red signals.
- VC 23123(A) $148 Driving while using a wireless phone not hands free, first offense.
- VC 23123(B) $256 Driving while using a wireless phone not hands not free, each subsequent offense.
- VC 23123.5 $148 Driving while using a wireless device to send, read or write text.
- VC 23124 $148 Minor driving while using a wireless phone.
- VC 22500 $976 Parking in a bus loading area.
- VC 22507(A) $976 Violation of disabled parking provisions, first offense.
- VC 22507(B) $1876 Violation of disabled parking provisions, second offense.
- VC 26708 $178 Unlawful material on vehicle windows.
- VC 27150 $178 Adequate muffler required.
- VC 27315 $148 Mandatory use of seat belts.
- VC 27360 $436 Mandatory use of passenger child restraints. Note: This fine may be reduced by completing a court authorized child seat diversion program.
- VC 27400 $178 Headsets or Earplugs covering both ears.
- VC 27803 $178 Violation of motorcycle safety helmet requirements.
- VC 34506 $616 Commercial Driver – Log book violation.
- VC 4000 $256 No evidence of current registration. Note: The fine may be reduced with valid proof of correction.
- VC 4159 $178 Notify DMV of change of address within 10 days. Note: The fine may be reduced with valid proof of correction.
- VC 5200 $178 Proper display of license plates. Note: The fine may be reduced with valid proof of correction.
- VC 9400 $178 Commercial weight fees due. Note: The fine may be reduced with valid proof of correction
|Need Help? Have questions? Fill out the CONTACT FORM or call Jane at 310-351-9208
2 thoughts on “New Los Angeles Traffic Fines Effective January 2012. Watch Out! California Needs the Money”
This fine schedule must make for true law-abiding citizens in Los Angeles. Good info!
We need to be careful, for sure.