If you are thinking of selling a Los Angeles home, but have not been in the real estate market for many years, times they have a-changed and you may want to understand what is
is involved in the process today.
There are basically three factors that are going to get your Los Angeles home sold, location, price and condition. The only thing you have no control over is location, but there are things you can do to maximize the selling process:
- Work with your agent to settle on the right price for your home based on recent comparable sales in the area. Price the home correctly. A well-priced home will sell faster than one that is overpriced.
- Your agent will suggest any changes to the property that may help in the sale, mostly cosmetic ones such as decluttering, painting, landscaping, etc. The first impression is most important.
- Pick your agent carefully. Just putting a home on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) is fine in a buyers’ market, but in a balanced or sellers’ market how the home is presented makes a big difference. You need a good, accurate description of the property, and well-presented photos and/or videos. Also, having an agent who is understands social media may help.
- Make the property ready and easy to show. Buyers who can’t get in to see a home readily may move on to the next one. Open houses are a good way to get maximum exposure. And remember you only have once chance to make a first impression, so make it count.
- Take emotions out of the process. Nothing the buyers do is personal. They are trying to get the best deal, as are you. Let your agent help you through negotiations so that you come out meeting your goals.
There is much more involved in selling a Los Angeles home. Look through the steps below and hopefully some of the seller tips will answer any questions you may have.
Step 1: Hire a Los Angeles Realtor®
Step 2: Get ready to list
Step 3: Handle the offer(s)
Step 4: The escrow process
Step 5: Prepare to move
More Seller Tips
|Need Help? Have questions? Fill out the CONTACT FORM or call Jane at 310-351-9208