You have decided to put your property on the market so what do you need to do to prepare your home to sell? This post is geared towards the first part of the selling process which is to get your home looking its best, both for the camera and prospective buyers.
Whether it is a buyers’ or a sellers’ market you still need to have your home looking in tip-top condition if you want to get the most for it. You can’t change things like location, size, condition, etc. but you can work at making it as camera ready as possible. Photos are going to be the first thing that potential buyers are going to see of your home when it comes on the market, and you are going to want to entice them to visit. Here are some tips provided by L.A. Real Estate Photography.
- Turn on all interior lights and replace all non-working bulbs.
- Lower blinds and keep them open.
- If the windows have curtains, open them.
- Vacuum carpets and clean tile/wood floors.
- Fluff and straighten pillows on sofas and chairs.
- Turn off televisions, computers, and all fans.
- Unplug and hide all non-essential electrical cords.
- Confirm all windows and mirrors are clean and streak free.
- Make sure beds are made and are clean.
- Light the fireplace if possible.
- Close toilet lid and fold all towels in bathrooms.
- Close shower door or curtain.
- Remove and hide all toiletries, bar soaps, shampoos, etc.
- Remove kitchen and bath mats.
- Clean off counter tops in bathrooms and kitchen.
- Place a bowl of fruit on the kitchen table or counter to add color.
- Make sure dining room table and chairs are clean and straight.
- Remove any clutter from exterior of refrigerator.
- De-clutter the home by removing cleaning supplies, magazines, toys, etc.
- Cars need to be in the garage with doors closed.
- No cars parked in driveway or front of the house.
- Clean and sweep driveways, sidewalks and patios.
- Hide trash cans, lawn and garden tools, etc..
- Mow the yard and remove all lawn debris.
- Disconnect and hide lawn hoses, if possible.
- Remove all flags, hanging ornaments and home security signs.
- Trim bushes, trees and plants to allow a clear view of the property.
- Enhance curb appeal with landscaping and/or flowers.
- Put patio umbrellas up and remove BBQ grill covers.
- Clean swimming pool and put away cleaning equipment.
- Close all windows and lower blinds to the same height.
|Need Help? Have questions? Fill out the CONTACT FORM or call Jane at 310-351-9208