When you are looking for a home for sale in Los Angeles in order to make your life easier you should really use the services of a Realtor®. They are going to be able to simplify the process for you and save you a lot of time and stress.
So which Realtor® should you use? Almost everyone these days has a friend or relative who is in the business, and of course you are going to want to give the business to that person. Someone you know may refer you to a friend or relative of theirs and you may feel obliged to use that person. There is absolutely nothing wrong with working with someone you know and trust or whom someone else knows, especially if they have worked with the agent before. However, before you you make your decision make sure you are making the right one.
Primarily the agent you choose should be local to the area in which you are looking, especially in Los Angeles, a vast city with many different communities and neighborhoods, each with its own idiosyncrasies. Although many agents cover a large portion of Los Angeles and are familiar with many of them, they are going to be “experts” in very few. I for instance have bought and sold in many areas, but my comfort level is on the westside. There are so many variables a local agent will know about that an out-of area wouldn’t. For instance:
- Which are the more desirable buildings on the Wilshire Corridor. Each building is unique and offers different things according to a prospective buyer’s need. One example is that some buildings don’t offer in-unit laundry which may be a must.
- Which building in Century City is the right one for a particular buyer. What are the plusses and minuses of a particular complex.
- Santa Monica alone has a variety of neighborhoods and building types from which to choose. Which one is right for you?
- Are you considering Brentwood? Are you aware of the kind of traffic Brentwood is famous for?
- Want to buy in Malibu? Are you aware of the difficulty of building or any major construction in that city? (Somewhat the same in Santa Monica).
The home buying process can be stressful as it is. Having someone who can narrow down your options according to your needs is really going to make life much easier. That is going to be a local agent, not one who is learning along with you.
Having someone who can narrow down your options according to your needs is really going to make life much easier.